Finally, the wait ended for the Indian consumers to get their hands on the smart speaker’s range of Echo from Amazon Wednesday. The Amazon announced they are launching Alexa as well as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Plus smart speakers in the Indian market. Not only this, Amazon is also bringing Amazon Prime Music to India very soon, its music streaming service. India has become the fourth market in which Amazon has launched Alexa and its smart speakers after the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
Today’s Offers on Amazon Echo – Get These Offers Now
- Free one-year prime membership worth Rs 999 – Amazon is giving a free one year-long membership of Amazon Prime with the Amazon Echo smart speakers.
- If you are already a Prime member, Amazon may extend your membership by one year, or provide an equivalent cashback
- Free one-year prime music offering
Key Highlights – Buy Now
- Devices Comes in Three Types – Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Plus
- Price – The Echo comes in three versions
- Customized for Indian Market – Currently, Echo only supports an all-English voice with local pronunciations and intonations. It also understands local names, music titles, and places in non-English languages. However, Echo doesn’t support local languages such as Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, etc. This will be a big drag since the majority of individuals would love to have Echo which understands the local language.
- Amazon Skills – Like smartphone which requires apps to perform various functions like ordering a pizza you require dominos or pizza hut app. Amazon Echo requires skills (basically apps that allow developers to add personalized features and capabilities). Echo has been launched with more than 10,000 skills. Some popular skills are saavn music, ESPNcricinfo, Ola, Uber, Zomato, Freshmenu, Reuters, etc.
- Prime Music – One Get access to Amazon Prime Music, which allows users to stream more than 2 million songs ad-free. The music service is currently only available to Amazon echo customers as Amazon is currently building its local language music library and have tied up with like of zee music.
- Value for money:
- Make Your Home Smart: Gives the ability to control smart home devices like switching off lights, playing music, etc.
- Music Streaming:
- Beam-forming Technology: With seven microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo Dot hears you from any direction-even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Skills: Definitely the best part, which gives you the ability to order pizza, cabs, tell recipes, etc. with just voice command
- Alexa continues to learn: Learning based command receiver, which gets to know your commands well over a period of time.
- Easy to install & use: Ease of installation with no complications in setting up or using.
- Lack of battery backup
- No auxiliary input as it comes only with AUX output ability
- Lack of controls for audio settings like bass, treble, and balance.
- Get into Pause Mode: To listen to your command, Alexa automatically goes into pause mode and discontinue every ongoing audio activity. This is really irritating especially when you are just trying to adjust music volume.
- Lack of ability to give multiple commands: One cannot give multiple commands in one go like Alexa play the music and switch off the light. One needs to call out ‘Alexa’ every time for a single command
Verdict – Buy Now
Amazon Echo is the best home assistant and smart speaker available in the market on account of superior voice recognition and Alexa. I would recommend Echo to the following people
- People who are looking to upgrade from normal to the smart speaker, as well as want to stream online music
- Peoplerelyelies on technology for there day to day reminders, alarms, etc.
- Looking to make their home smarter and feels they need a voice control system makes their life easy
Thinking of Buying Amazon Echo – Don’t Wait – Buy Now
Echo Dot Vs. Echo Vs. Echo Plus
Echo Dot – ₹4,499 – Buy Now
Smallest in the family of Echo, designed specifically to be used as a home audio system or a Bluetooth speaker. Further, its the most economical option among the echo family.
- Its small size renders it to be invisible to the eye and can be heard only
- Echo Dot can connect with something else using Bluetooth or 3.5mm audio out. Rember its AUX is only an output port to larger speakers and cannot take input from like of MP3 player
- It really is quite small and unassuming – designed to be heard and not seen. A couple of important points about the Dot: although it’s
- Powered using micro USB, it needs 9 watts of power or more. Also, one need to remember you cannot charge using all phone chargers and need a minimum output of 5 volts @ 2 Amps or more from a charger
Echo – In-built woofer and tweeter for room-filling sound – ₹9,999 – Buy Now
Echo is the mainstream version of the Amazon Echo series with a new size. Despite being smaller than the first generation, Echo has in-built woofer and tweeter for room-filling sound. It is mostly similar to the Echo Dot apart from the fact that it has bigger sound and interchangeable shells as well as one get option to choose from three colors i.e. white, grey or black. Its better to go for Echo than Echo Dot
Echo Plus – Comes with in-built smart home hub – ₹14,999 – Buy Now
This is the largest Echo and looks identical to the first generation Echo. The only difference between the Echo plus & Echo is that it hosts an inbuilt smart home hub giving you the ability to directly connect & control compatible wireless lights, locks, smart plugs and other appliances. Thus, one doesn’t need to buy an external bridge or hub. In addition, Echo Plus have a nicer volume control with an actual rotating ring on top unlike the simple volume up and down buttons in other Echo versions. However, it lacks interchangeable shells. However, given the limited number of smart devices available in the market, this can best be avoided at this stage.
Ready to take a leap into future and make your home smart – Buy Amazon Echo Now