The Amazon fire stick has been launched in India in 2017 and has proved itself to be the best TV streaming device on the market. This is evident from the positive review of the existing users of the fire sticks as they found it provide them access to quality and a broad range of content as well as giving them the ability to stream online videos from youtube, Netflix directly to their television. Further, Amazon has recently added upgraded remote with TV controls with this Fire TV Stick. Thus, no need to use two remotes.
Special Offer on Amazon Fire TV Stick: Rs 500 Off – Buy Now
- Amazon Fire Stick with new Alexa voice remote at discounted price of Rs 3,499 against original price Rs 3,999
- Free EMI option – Buy Fire Stick for Rs 188 per month.
- Plus additional offers worth Rs 1,300
- Eros now: Free premium subscription for 3 months
- Free trials Sony Liv for 3 months
- Hungama free trial for 3 months
- Ganna ad free streaming for 6 months
- You broadband: Free 240 GB data over three months
- Viu ad free streaming
Those who don’t know, The fire stick is just like a USB drive which can be plugged into any high definition television and can be used to stream video/audio content, apps and games directly on the television. Also, the Amazon fire stick has been further customized with features such as voice search (English/Hindi) and data monitoring feature to stream more content using less bandwidth. Apart from Prime Video, Fire TV Stick will also allow users to access content from competitors services such as Netflix, Hotstar, Voot, Eros Now, Airtel Movies and YouTube.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Vs. Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K – Buy Now
New Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K packs more punch than its older brother as it has superior processor, TV controls and Alexa voice suppor
Key Highlights – Buy Now
- Device cost Rs 3,999 in India (Check for Latest Offers here) and available on the Amazon .
- Amazon Fire Stick remote is far superior to its peers as its an RF Remote Control which comes with inbuilt voice search functionality called Alexa. Also, its voice search functionality supports both English and Hindi languages
- Fire TV Stick comes with Fire OS 220.127.116.11, which is based on Android 5.0 ‘Lollipop’
- As Firestick runs on Android it supports a range of India specific streaming apps like Hotstar, Eros Now, Gaana, etc. as well as prime videos
- Supports multiple services including Amazon prime and competitors like Netflix, Hotstar, Voot, Eros, etc.
I will be definitely going for this one since I would love to watch various seasons on big screens and totally bored with local TV content that continues to lack creativity.
- Content: No doubt, it will provide you access to one of the best contents to watch. This is the one area where all the competitors lack and Amazon fire stick has a definite edge. All the major streaming services are here such as Netflix, BBC iplayer, Amazon Instant, Sky News, Spotify and more. Thus, it allows access to their own content as well as competitor’s content which is a big plus of getting everything at one place.
- Price: At 4,499 in India ($39.99 in the USA), It’s value for money considering the fact that Subscription rates for google chromecast priced at Rs 3,399 ($35) and Apple TV at Rs. 13,500 ($175) for 32 GB and Airtel’s Internet TV start from Rs 4,999. However, one can feel why to spend on a device given the fact that one can view all the content on the laptop and mobile devices. But, if one is looking for watching it on the big screen than one should definitely go for it.
- TV Compatibility: Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular HDCP-compatible models from Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Videocon, Onida, Micromax, Vu, BPL, and others.
- Games: Amazon fire stick is not a streaming system if you are looking for one with jam-packed high graphics games. The system has the required hardware specifics to support graphically demanding games but simply lacks the game content. However, it does support less intensive games which play really well on the system.
- Interface: Amazon HD stick has a great interface, which is a direct replica of the full-size Amazon Fire TV’s menu. The interface is heavily loaded as well as content-rich. Also, zipping around from one section of the interface to the next takes no time at all. Further, device display responsive results in one-tenth of a second as well as leverages Amazon’s predictive technology to pre-load Amazon Instant movies that a user is most likely to watch.
Amazon Fire Stick Vs. Google’s Chromecast 2: Why you should buy Amazon Fire Stick
Last month, I was in flux which one should go for Fire stick or Chromecast. So, I checked out both of them at friend’s place. Below is my experience on this
Content – Here the Amazon HD stick was the clear winner. This entirely due to the fact that the Fire stick runs on Android thus supports a range of India specific streaming apps like Hotstar, Eros Now, Gaana, etc. as well as prime videos. So, if you don’t like to watch any of these you should go for Chromecast which is the cheaper option. If you want these services, the only option left with you is to Buy Amazon Fire Stick.
Streaming Performance: Fire stick streams content faster and smoothly since it has superior hardware and additional 8 GB of space for app installation.
Smartphone Dependence – In the case of Chromecast, your smartphone act as a remote as you have to run it using app installed on the phone. While Amazon fire stick comes with a voice-enabled remote as well as can run like chromecast from an app on the phone. Thus not at all depend on your smartphone as well as its voice-enabled remote give superior customer experience.
Interface – The Fire Stick provides a superior and easily navigatable interface, while chromecast simply doesn’t have any user interface. Since, one just has to open a Chromecast compatible app on the device (phone, tablet or PC) and hit cast.
Design – Amazon Fire TV stick looks like a big USB drive while Chromecast 2 is sleeker, sporting a smaller puck-like design that is a much better fit for wall mounted TVs.
Price – Chromecast cost Rs 3399 while Amazon fire stick cost 3,999 (offer price Rs3,499 – Buy now) but consider the fact that one is getting voice-enabled remote and superior content & streaming. In terms of value for your money, Fire Stick really provides more value for money compared to Chromecast and worth spending extra Rs600.
Hardware Specifications – Amazon fire stick has higher hardware specifications compared to chromecast
- Processor – It has superior processor than Chromecast 1.2 GHz Dual Core Arm Processor. However, it doesn’t make much difference in terms of performance as Amazon has to host and run the apps.
- Memory – Amazon has internal storage of 8GB compared to chromecast 2 GB
- RAM capacity – The new Chromecast has a RAM capacity of 512 MB as compared to 1 GB RAM included in Amazon Fire TV stick.
- Battery – Unlike Chromecast which drains smartphone battery if the device is handling streaming over long periods. On the other hand, Amazon Fire TV stick is operated solely through remote.
Thus, my final take on this is that Amazon Fire stick packs more punch than Chromecast and is more value for money if one wants to watch streaming content.
Steps to setup Amazon Fire Stick
- First, you need to plug the Fire TV stick into your HDTV (HDMI Port)
- You have to connect charger to the TV stick and wall socket
- Lastly, connect you Fire TV stick with home Wifi and start streaming
Key technical aspects of Amazon Fire stick
Amazon fire stick is powered by a MediaTek quad-core ARM 1.3 GHz processor paired with 1GB of RAM. Also, it has an internal non-expandable storage capacity of 8GB and support for the optional game controller, and Dolby 5.1 output.
- Size – 3.4″ x 1.2″ x 0.5″ (85.9mm x 30.0 mm x 12.6 mm
- Weight – 32 g
- Processor – MediaTek Quad-Core ARM 1.3 GHz
- GPU – Mali450 MP4
- Storage – 8 Gb internal
- Memory – 1 GB
- Wifi connectivity – Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi supports 2×2 MIMO 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth 4.1
- Voice Support – Yes, with Voice remote (included) or free fire tv remote app
- Cloud storage – Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Ports – HDMI output, Micro-USB for power only
- Audio Support – Dolby Audio, 5.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass-through up to 7.1
- Content Formats Supported – Video: H.264 1080p30H.265 1080p30,
Audio: AAC-LC, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (eAAC+), AC3 (Dolby Digital), eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MIDI, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Output Resolution Supported – 720p and 1080p up to 60fps
- System Requirements – High-definition television with available HDMI input, Internet connection via Wi-Fi, a power outlet.
- TV Compatibility – Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz. This includes popular HDCP-compatible models from Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Videocon, Onida, Micromax, Vu, BPL, and others.
- Included in the Box – FireStick, Voice Remote, USB cable, power adapter, HDMI extender and 2 x AAA batteries
- Warranty and service – Fire TV Sticks comes with a worldwide limited warranty of one year provided by the manufacturer.
Hope above information on Amazon fire stick was helpful for you. If you wish to purchase it, you can click here