With lot of locks claiming to be smart locks. It’s very hard for us to distinguish which one is worth our money. The best smart lock according to me is the one, which provides better security and more convenient to use. Only, when a smart lock meets these two criteria’s you should be actually spending your hard money on.
Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale – Click here to check out best deals
So my journey to find a smart lock started, when my wife lost the keys or forgot back at friend’s place. I thought it’s time to buy a smart lock which don’t require carrying of keys with you. It suppose to be so easy, just look online and buy a good one. But, it turned out to be really difficult. There are so many smart locks out their with each claiming to be the best smart lock in the market. Add to this, so many confusing terms like geofencing they are talking about.
To cut story short, I compared all of them on the basis of different parameters day and brings to you the best one among all the smart locks. The August Smart Lock 3rd generation, which is best smart lock in the market and really worth its price.
Key highlights of the August Smart Lock 2nd Generation
- No more keys: Open your door and control who comes in – all from your August Home smartphone app.
- Easy install: Attach to the inside of your current deadbolt in minutes. Your home’s exterior is unchanged.
- Hands-free access: Auto-unlock when you arrive home.
- Auto-locks after you’re inside: This is really beneficial feature, especially you have kids or partners who always forgot to close the door once they are inside.
- Feel secure: Share temporary virtual keys with guests & monitor access with 24/7 in-app activity feed.
- Remote access: Control your front door from anywhere from your app. Requires August Connect.
- Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit (Siri), the Google Assistant, Nest, IFTTT, Wink, Logitech Harmony, Logitech POP, iOS and Android devices
Pros – Click Here to Know More
- Very convenient and makes your house keyless
- Keep track of who comes and goes
- Send guest keys from anywhere from the August mobile app
- Automatic locks doors when you are inside
- Attaches to existing deadlock
- Good looking retrofit smart lock installs quickly and works exceptionally well
- Intuitive app makes permanent and temporary keys easy to configure
- Geofencing capability, which is unique in this market
- Works with all the major voice-assistants in the market
- One of the most expensive smart-lock solutions on the market, but given the features and convenience it provides especially geofencing capability – It’s worth it.
- Extra equipment needed to integrate with your other smart home hardware
Verdict – The Best in the Market
If budget is not a constraint and you are looking to buy the best smart lock available on the market. There is no doubt that the August smart is the one you should buy. It makes your home very secured at the same time provides a lot of convenience to you. Further, if you are looking to make your home smart this is definitely one thing among the list of smart devices you must buy.