EPF balance is a person’s retirement corpus accumulated while working with the private companies. The EPF balance is built from monthly contribution from you and your employer. Also, EPF is part of retirement planning and status of EPF account balance shows the situation of your retirement planning. Let me guide you on how to check EPF balance online
With aim to facilitate easy tracking of retirement corpus, the Employee Provident Fund organization has launched many facilities of EPF balance enquiry. In fact, the EPF balance tends to be the only saving most of us makes for his retirement regularly due to mandatory nature of the scheme.
PF account status was difficult to obtain earlier. One need to wait for annual PF slips to know their PF balance or visit regional PF office. Today, employees can check EPF balance online with an ease. EPFO had started to tell the EPF balance through the online mode as well as tells EPF balance through the missed call and SMS as well. Further, one can download the EPF passbook online.
Methods to check EPF Balance online or through other options
- Check EPF balance Online: One need to visitKnow your EPF balance page and enter PF number, name and mobile number. After this, you will receive message on mobile number with the PF detals.
- EPF balance through SMS: Register at UAN portal and get EPF account status detail every month
- Check PF Balance Through UAN: Register with UAN to receive EPF balance and other information on mobile phone via sms.
- Download PF Passbook Through UAN: Login to member portal a
- Download PF Passbook through Member Portal: Login to member portal and enter PF number. After that you will need to enter PIN which you will receive on your registered mobile number to view the info.
- EPF Missed Call Service: Give a missed call to 011-22901406 and you will receive an SMS that lists down your PF number, age and name as per the EPF records.
- EPF Mobile APP: visit the EPFO website. Than click on EPFO – mobile applications under download section on the right side. Install the app and register to view the details.
Tips to know when you check EPF balance online
EPF balance can be succeffully viewed by keeping few things in mind when you check EPF balance online
- One registration per mobile number: You can’t due multiple registration using a single mobile number. EPFO placed restriction of using mobile number only once for registration at member portal for passbook download.
- Any registered mobile number can view only one EPF account details. To view more accounts different phone numbers should be registered. Else, one can transfer PF through form 13.
- Maximum view limit of 10 EPF account balance: EPFO has placed restriction on members that they can view maximum of up to 10 EPF account balance