Google ‘Tez’ is payment app which let users link their mobile phones to their bank accounts to make payment for goods or services in both physical and online stores as well as transfer money person-to-person.
Key highlights & features
- Facilitates bank to bank payments, peer to peer payments and payment for goods & services
- Person can make payment on online shops or marketplace which allows payment through UPI
- More like a chat app – Uses contact list to organize transaction history and group together people or business with which you had performed transactions like a conversation.
- Uses Audio QR technology – Tez features audio QR technology which allows transfer of money between users using sounds (which is inaudible to human ears) to pair two devices. Google refers this as “cash mode option,” as phones connect with each other and identifies payer/payee using audio.
- This is similar to cash transactions in which one doesn’t exchange personal details like mobile or account number
- Compatible with both IoS and Android phones
- Limits on money transfers – A user can transact upto ₹1,00,000 in one day across all UPI apps, and 20 transfers in one day
- Tez allows users to link to their banks payment apps
- Transfers money directly from the bank accounts
- Audio QR technology refered as ‘Cash Mode Option’ – Transfers money without sharing bank account no or mobile no through
- Multi language support – The Indian market is fragmented in terms of different languages spoken. Google has addressed this by providing the app support for English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu
- Works & behaves like a chat app
- Facilitates bank to bank payments and works with UPI enable banks
- You continue to earn interest on your money as its remained in bank account only
How to install and use Tez payments app?
Step 1: Download and install the Tez payment from either google store or apple store (Click here to download now and Get Rs 51 free on your first payment)
Step 2: Enter you mobile no and verify it with the six digit OTP you receive
Step 3: Link your Gmail account, it will ask you to register with email id
Step 4: Setup google PIN, a four-digit PIN, or screen lock. Fingerprint lock is also supported.
Step 5: Tap on the profile button on the left-hand corner to add bank account no.
Step 6: Select the bank in which you hold an account. It will automatically identify your account by referring your phone number.
Step 7: It will also display your existing UPI ID and In case you don’t have one it’ll be generated.
Step 8: Tap on the payments section in the home screen to send the money, which allows transfer of money using either Account number, UPI ID, phone number, or QR code.
Step 9: To receive money, one just needs to share their details with others.