The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is among the best big screen smartphone which one can get in the market right now. Its a tag expensive but not for people who wants a premium phablet. The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro review is as follow
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Offer and Price – Current Offer Price Rs 31790 (Org price Rs 34,000) & offers – Buy Now
- Get Additional Super value cashback Rs 1,200 – Buy Now
- Get EMI at 0% interest – Interest credited back as Amazon pay balance
- One time screen replacement for Rs 990
- JIO: Get up to 180GB Additional 4G Data
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro – Key Highlights
- Light weight and quality build: The C9 pro supports an all metal design with weight under 190 gm and thickness of just 6.9 mm the phone feels solid in hand. Built quality is excellent
- Fingerprint scanner: It is an active scanner means you do not have to press any button before scanning your fingerprint.
- High quality display: 6″ display with 368 ppi produces excellent contrast and inky blacks, display is also legitimately bright for an AMOLED display. You should have no issue using this phone even in bright sunlight. Color reproduction and viewing angles are great too.
- Earpiece: The earpiece doubles as a secondary speaker along with the main speaker below to give a stereo sound. Although the sound is not that loud but quality is top notch
- Dual Sim: Dual sim and a separate micro SD card slot
- Supports Jio: It supports Jio and VoLTE. The cellular reception and quality was great, no issues here
- Processor: Snapdragon 653 processor coupled with 6GB RAM and 64 GB storage. In daily scenarios phone just breezed through all tasks threw at it. Let it be gaming or opening multiple apps. There are no heating issues with this device. Ram management is also top notch
- Camera: Photos shot via the rear camera under daylight were great, colours came out good and were reproduced naturally. Also photos were not over saturated. Camera performs equally well in indoors. When it comes to low lighting the camera struggles to capture enough detail the lack of OIS is clearly visible here. Selfies were great and can be shared on social media
- Buttons: There are capacitive buttons at bottom which are thankfully back lit
- Operating System: Phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Samsung Custom Touch wiz UI. There are ton of features like multi-window, floating apps and always on display. The phone should receive Android Nougat update in short time
- Sensors: It has all the required sensors (gyroscope, ambient light sensor and even NFC) and none has been skipped by the Samsung
- Charging: Fast charging works very well with in box charger
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro review – Pros – Buy Now
- Design: It’s slim and lighter body with metallic back have given it more premium look. Also, the slight curves near the edges make for a decent and comfortable grip. Further, its the most ergonomic of all phablets in the market right now.
- RAM and storage: With overall 6GB of RAM, the device has 4GB of free RAM at most times, keeping many apps open in the background for extremely long periods. It also ensures phone is able to handle loads of games and apps
- Excellent cameras: Camera quality is excellent
- Big and vibrant screen: The display is very sharp and bright with a maximum luminance of 700 Lux. Also, display feels smooth as well as touch latency is near perfect with no ghost touches. Further, colors are pleasantly oversaturated making it among the best phablet display right now.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro review – Cons
- Big in Size: The device is too big for one hand usage and people with small hands will definitely have to juggle the phone every day. It’s intentionally positioned by Samsung as a phablet (6”inch), which offers bigger screen to users.
- Doesn’t run Android 7 yet – This a bit of drag and Samsung should upgrade it to Android 7
- Low battery capacity: It has a 4000 mah battery which may not last even 1 full day on intense usage. The battery life is not bad but considering the phone has 4000 mah battery in it. The battery life is just about average
- Average video recording: Although the phone supports 4K video recording. Samsung for some reason have locked it to Full HD 1080p no option for 60 fps either. The video recording is just average for a phone which costs nearly 36k
- Fingerprint is not as fast as its competitors
Our Verdict – Buy Now
The Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is no doubt among the best large-screen smartphone available in the market. With an elegant design and slim body, the smartphone additional offers 6GB Ram and very fast processor since it runs on Snapdragon 653. However, phone still seems a bit expensive to me but recent fall of its prices from Rs29, 000 to Rs 31,000 makes it now an attractive proposition.